Northumbria University - Students to Fiji
In partnership with the Northumbria University – supported by the UK Government’s Turing Scheme
Volunteer in Fiji and experience the unique culture, customs and way of life in the South Pacific islands.
Make lifelong friendships and shared memories on a challenging project, whilst gaining global experience, developing unique skills and making a real contribution.
Whether you are looking to enhance your university degree or embark on a meaningful adventure – join a team and work alongside rural Fijian youth groups and communities on local initiatives which are achieving groundbreaking results.
- Meaningful team volunteer & internship expeditions in the Fiji Islands.
- In Partnership with Fijian Government.
- Complete cultural immersion in rural village.
- Live with a traditional Fijian family.
- Work on Youth, Build, Conservation, Sport, Health or Leadership initiatives.
- Develop employability skills, meet like-minded people and make a contribution.
- Project includes; food, accommodation, 24/7 in-country support, weekend adventures, domestic travel, charity donation. (Flights not included).
- Expedition costs £2,145 for 1-Month in Fiji.
- Northumbria University funding available.
Join a Discovery Session 👇
Study Abroad Fair – Bespoke In-person Presentation – 9th November – TBC
Online Study Abroad Fair – 10th November – TBC
Every Monday at 05:00 PM [LONDON GMT] (Register Here)
Grab a cuppa, a notepad, pen and enjoy learning all about Think Pacific, our projects and the funding available for students to join a team in the Fiji Islands this summer.
There are grants available from the Study Abroad team at the Northumbria University, via the UK Government’s Turing Scheme.
- Financial support available for those eligible, via Turing Bursary and Northumbria University Participation Bursary. Fully-funded for Project Fee, Flights & Travel Insurance, applicant only responsible for spending money and DBS check fee.
- Apply to Think Pacific.
- Speak to Think Pacific team member to reserve a programme date, before 11th Dec.
- Apply to Northumbria University for funding once the applications open.
- Confirm your place with Think Pacific.
If you have any questions regarding funding and application process, please contact email@example.com
Our aim is for every student to complete their project with a set of experiences, understanding and transferable skills, which can profoundly improve their future.
- Gain 120 + hours of practical international work experience.
- Boost cultural IQ & enhance global perspectives.
- Activate global citizenship & broaden horizons.
- Contribute towards sustainable development, on behalf of our Fijian partners.
- Increase your leadership skills through collaborative work.
- Job references, certificate of completion, and LinkedIn endorsement.
- Potential employment opportunities via the Think Pacific graduate scheme.
Collaboration + Culture + Challenge = Extraordinary Personal Development
All our focus is on Fiji.
Go where only we can take you.
Teams of up to 25 students.
Support Fijian Government aims.
Our projects offer you the opportunity to join a traditional village, to become a member of a Fijian family and to work as a team whilst contributing to community development initiatives that support the achievement of the Fiji National Development Plan an d UN Sustainable Development Goals.
“Absolutely amazing experience and definitely the best 10 weeks of my life in Malake. Think Pacific are doing amazing things all over Fiji, they are friendly, organized, full of information and they think of absolutely everything, to ensure that you are prepared and love every minute of your time in Fiji. Their team leaders are unparalleled and made the experience what it was”
Without a doubt my 5 weeks in Fiji were the most memorable, rewarding and fun of my life! I cannot recommend Think Pacific highly enough for their outstanding organisation of the expedition. I feel truly honoured to have lived amongst the incredible families in Fiji and will forever treasure the lessons learnt from their beautiful culture and traditions.
Whether you join a construction project or a youth empowerment project, you will be supporting aims set out in the Fiji National Development Plan, through our formal partnerships with organisations such as;
- Fijian Ministry of Health
- Fijian Ministry of Youth & Sports
- Fiji National Sports Commission
- Fiji National University
- Youth Champs 4 Mental Health
- Diabetes Fiji
Partnered with over 70 Fijian organisations.
Join a team of up to 25 like-minded young people and instantly become part of a new group of friends as you share something special together. The bonds you make will last a life-time.
Our programs are certainly no holiday. It’s a real challenge. We believe that, bigger challenge means bigger rewards. You’ll come home with more confidence, new leadership skills and a greater global understanding.
Our expeditions are guided with 24/7 care and dedication. Fiji is all we know and love. From our experienced leaders who guide your project each day to our management team in Fiji and the UK, you’ll receive unrivalled support.
Every project is located in a rural setting. Journey to a remote village and fully immerse yourself in the cultures and customs of the traditional ‘kaiviti’ lifestyle. We ask you to adhere to the highest standard of Fijian culture as we celebrate and preserve such a special way of life.
Supporting aims set out in the Fiji National Development Plan means you can contribute towards sustainable development goals, that are directed by the Fijian Government. Collaborating on the implementation of grassroots initiatives, on behalf of our partners in Fiji, will ensure you arrive home feeling incredible proud of how you have spent your summer.
So many of our volunteers state their experiences in Fiji are ‘life changing’ and that they meet people they’ll stay in touch with forever. You’ll share ‘once in a lifetime’ memories with a group of like-minded people, form special bonds with community members and create a second home in Fiji.