1 Month Expedition
Our 1 month expedition is a jam-packed adventure of culture, ethics and experience. This expedition is for enthusiastic individuals who want to learn, meet like-minded people & challenge themselves. If you prefer to experience Fiji as the locals do rather than just relaxing by the pool then you’re in the right place. Joining a 1 month team means you will spend just over 3 weeks living with your own Fijian family as a member of the village & participating in peer to peer workshops with the village youth group around relevant social issues. Plus 6 days in a beach resort across the briefing & R&R phases of the expedition. We pack a huge amount into this expedition to make sure you get the absolute most from your experience, whilst providing rural communities with real, targeted and proven benefit.
Take The Next Step - Apply To Join A 1 Month Team
- Largest Volunteer Project to the South Pacific.
- Meaningful 1-Month Program in the Fiji Islands.
- Supporting Fiji’s National Development Goals
- Achieve Personal Growth, Professional Enhancement & International Development.
- Work alongside local Youth Group; Public Health, Mental Health & Sports.
- Work with Children on After School Clubs; Extra-Curricular, Sports & Education.
- Complete cultural immersion. Homestay – Live with a Traditional Fijian family.
- Project Fees include; food, accommodation, 24/7 in-country support, domestic travel, charity donation (flights not included).
- Expedition Costs From £1295 for 1-Month in Fiji (see Dates & Costs below).
A Think Pacific 1 month expedition is just about the most inspiring thing you could do! Join a team of up to 20 volunteers and live at the heart of a remote Fijian village. Experience village life and collaborate with the local youth group to tackle relevant social issues. Aside from gaining a global understanding, you’ll have the biggest adventure of your life whilst supporting local government initiatives to create a sustainable difference.
“Think Pacific has been one of the best experiences of my life” – Molly, June 2015
Listen to our volunteers talk about their experiences and learn how Fiji has inspired them…
Forget about the day job or the stress of exams by arriving in the exotic South Seas. You will land at Nadi Airport and be met by your Expedition Leaders for the first time.
Every expedition starts with an all inclusive 3 day briefing at a beautiful tropical beach resort. This is time for you to get to know your team mates, get curious and learn about Fijian culture.
Leaving your briefing paradise, we travel to your remote traditional Fijian community. Depending on your village, this could be a truck to deep jungle or ferry to an outer island.
Arriving into your Fijian village is an exciting and nervous moment! Every door is open in a Fijian community and the generosity and genuine excitement of the local people is profound. By the end of the project our volunteers feel as though they are leaving a second home in the South Pacific.
Some of your greatest experiences will be the simple activities of daily Fijian life; learning how to weave palm leaves, cooking Fijian food in underground earth ovens, drinking ceremonial Kava with the chief, husking coconuts or fishing ‘Fiji-style’.
We focus on peer to peer workshops to collaborate with the local youth groups to tackle relevant social issues. You will learn about the day to day challenges and gain a global understanding around the issues rural Fijian communities face. The days are rewarding and incredibly busy!
Live at the heart of some of the most rural communities and immerse yourself into local village life, where everyday is an adventure. If you’re looking for the ultimate adventure then Fiji is waiting to be explored…
Leaving your Fijian village is an emotional experience; such are the close bonds that are formed between our volunteers and the local community. Farewell dinners, tearful goodbyes and the pride in your achievements will sum up your final days.
We finish the project by enjoying our final few days relaxing at Fiji’s glorious beach resorts. Top up your South Pacific tan by the swimming pool, head out snorkelling or go island trekking. During the ‘R&R days’ we ask for your all-important feedback during a final de-brief as we review the project in detail.
1 Month Project Costs
This secures your place in the team, provides personal support from your project manager, full access to our pre-departure resources and your expedition t-shirt. Your registration fee is additional to your project fundraising.
Over 1/3 of your fee supports the long term charity aims in Fiji and ensures the sustainability of the youth and sports inititives we implement. Many of our volunteers fundraise this entire amount.
Our philosophy is to provide a high quality and exceptionally well structured volunteer project. Our expeditions are packed full of adventure and cultural insight, whilst having safety and support at their core. We also ensure that through our charity, the communities you support receive long-term financial and physical assistance year-round. Think Pacific is not the cheapest volunteer organisation around, but this is for all the right reasons.
All our expeditions include:
- Airport welcome by Think Pacific Expedition leaders (or resort meet and greet if you arrive early).
- All in-country expedition travel
- All project accommodation
- All-inclusive briefing and orientation from a beautiful beach resort.
- All meals during your briefing, all meals for 3 and a half weeks staying with your Fijian village family and breakfast and evening meals during your final days of R&R at glorious beach resorts.
- Guided weekend excursions such as rainforest treks, waterfall visits or island and snorkelling trips.
- Organised evening Fijian activities including kava cerem onies, lovo feasts, mat weaving,
- Think Pacific Leaders and Fijian Matanivanua guides living with you 24/7.
- In-country Director, Fiji based Project Managers and UK team providing planning, risk assessment and 24-hour back up support.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information & personal volunteer project planning.
- Fiji expedition de-brief at a selection of beach resorts or castaway islands.
- Your project donation towards the youth development goals in Fiji (which is used to purchase educational and sports equipment, fund scholarships and training for local people and build village facilities and school classrooms).
- International flights
- Personal travel insurance