University Students to Fiji
- Largest Student Volunteer Project to the South Pacific
- Meaningful 1-Month or 2-Month Summer Expedition in the Fiji Islands
- Contribute Through a Fijian Government Backed Program
- Develop your Leadership, Teamwork & Communication skills
- Make Life-long friends & Challenge Yourself on a Real Adventure
- Teach, Coach and Inspire Fijian Children
- Homestay – Live with a Traditional Fijian family
- Weekend Excursions to Explore your Rural Surroundings e.g. Jungle treks
- Project Fees include; food, accommodation, 24/7 in country support, domestic travel, weekend excursions, charity donation (flights not included)
- Expedition Costs From £1295 for 1-Month in Fiji (see Dates & Costs below)
If you would like to hear what life is like on project from people just like you, then this video is perfect for you. We interviewed a wide range of our past volunteers so you can hear what they have to say about their experiences in Fiji.
Want to Watch More Student Stories?
Scroll to the Bottom to See Individual Student Testimonials From a Wide Range of Universities.
Or – Head to the Think Pacific Vimeo Page to watch ALL of our university student testimonials.
Our aim is for every student to complete their project with a set of experiences, personal attributes and transferable skills, which can positively impact their future education, career ambitions and transition to life beyond study.
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Global Awareness
Real Challenge + Cultural Understanding + Contribution = Huge Personal Growth
University of Bath – Monday 5th November 2018
University of Bristol – Thursday 1st November & Thursday 15th November 2018
University of Bournemouth – Tuesday 6 November 2018
Cardiff University – Thursday 25th October 2018
Herriot-Watt University – Thursday 25th November 2018
Leeds Beckett University – Tuesday 16th October 2018
University of Leeds – Monday 29th October & Thursday 8th November 2018
University of Manchester – Tuesday 16th October 2018
Nottingham Trent University – Tuesday 23rd November & Thursday 25th November 2018
Sheffield Hallam University – Monday 29th October & Tuesday 30th October 2018
University of Swansea – Tuesday 6th November, 6pm, Faraday Lecture Theatre, Singleton
University of Ulster – Tuesday 13th November & Thursday 15th November
University of West England – Thursday 18th October 2018
University of York – Tuesday, 6 November 2018
Want the Room Details? Or…Don’t See Your University?
Just contact the TP Team on email@example.com or call us on 0113 335 9919.
Forget about course work or the stress of exams by arriving in the exotic South Seas. You will land at Nadi Airport and be met by your Expedition Leaders for the first time.
Every expedition starts with an all inclusive 3 day briefing at a beautiful tropical beach resort. This is time for you to get to know your team mates and wind down into ‘Fiji time’
Leaving your briefing paradise, we travel to your remote traditional Fijian community. Depending on your village, this could be a truck to deep jungle or ferry to an outer island.
Arriving into your Fijian village is an exciting and nervous moment! Every door is open in a Fijian community and the generosity and genuine excitement of the local people is profound. By the end of the project our volunteers feel as though they are leaving a second home in the South Pacific.
Some of your greatest experiences will be the simple activities of daily Fijian life; learning how to weave palm leaves, cooking Fijian food in underground earth ovens, drinking ceremonial Kava with the chief, husking coconuts or fishing ‘Fiji-style’.
We focus upon developing youth and sports in remote primary schools. You’ll provide one-to-one tuition and establish kindergarten programmes, coach a variety of sports & lead ‘The House Cup’! The days are rewarding and incredibly busy!
Explore your incredible surroundings as we organise guided excursion days. Which depending on your locations could be treks, waterfall visits or beach days.
Leaving your Fijian village is an emotional experience; such are the close bonds that are formed between our volunteers and the local community. Farewell dinners, tearful goodbyes and the pride in your achievements will sum up your final days.
We finish the project by enjoying our final few days relaxing at Fiji’s glorious beach resorts. Top up your South Pacific tan by the swimming pool, head out snorkelling or go island trekking. During the ‘R&R days’ we ask for your all-important feedback during a final de-brief as we review the project in detail.
Think Pacific struck me as being an extremely caring organisation. I was nervous before I went but had phone calls before going out and you were able to email the team with any questions you had, however mundane you felt them to be. In Fiji, we were greeted by Lottie and Lee who were fantastic leaders! They were completely approachable. No tummy ache or random question was ever too much trouble for them. I would certainly recommend Think Pacific to anyone who is willing to get stuck in and has a positive attitude. I would go back in an instant. Hopefully, Fiji and Think Pacific haven’t seen the back of me yet!
Seeing the simplicity of life in a Fijian village has changed my outlook on life at home, and made me re-evaluate my priorities. It has also highlighted how we obsess over trivial possessions; often forgetting what the most important things in life are. I am fairly-confident that I am not only speaking for myself when I say that this experience has changed my life for the better, and that I will be forever in debt to the people of Fiji for the kindness and hospitality.
The think pacific team and the people of Fiji have created memories that i will treasure for the rest of my life. Highly recommend it if you love to challenge and push yourself.
Provide numeracy & literacy teaching assistance in remote Fijian primary schools.
Deliver daily sports coaching sessions for children who have never had a PE lesson before.
Play, coach and organise Rugby with primary school children & villagers.
Delivery daily youth activities through our ‘House Cup’ competition.
Play, coach and organise Netball with primary school children & villagers.
Prepare and deliver daily kindergarten sessions as we implement early years education.
Registration Fee = £195
1-Month = £1100
2-Month = £1800
Our philosophy is to provide a high quality and exceptionally well structured volunteer project. Our expeditions are packed full of adventure and cultural insight, whilst having safety and support at their core. We also ensure that through our charity, the schools and communities you support receive long-term financial and physical assistance year-round. Think Pacific is not the cheapest volunteer organisation around, but this is for all the right reasons.
All Our Expeditions Include:
- Airport welcome by Think Pacific Expedition leaders (or resort meet and greet if you arrive early).
- All in-country expedition travel
- All project accommodation
- All-inclusive briefing and orientation from a beautiful beach resort.
- All meals during your briefing, all meals for 3 and a half weeks staying with your Fijian village family and breakfast and evening meals during your final days of R&R at glorious beach resorts.
- Guided weekend excursions such as rainforest treks, waterfall visits or island and snorkelling trips.
- Organised evening Fijian activities including kava cereonies, lovo feasts, mat weaving,
- Think Pacific Leaders and Fijian Matanivanua guides living with you 24/7.
- In-country Director, Fiji based Project Managers and UK team providing planning, risk assessment and 24-hour back up support.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information & personal volunteer project planning.
- Fiji expedition de-brief at a selection of beach resorts or castaway islands.
- Your project donation towards the youth development goals in Fiji (which is used to purchase educational and sports equipment, fund scholarships and training for local people and build village facilities and school classrooms).
- International flights (Approx £800-£1000)
- Spending money (budget £200 for 1 Month) (budget £300 for 2 Months)
- Visa (£60)
Students to Fiji Summer Expedition Dates
23rd May – 20th June 2019
28th May – 25th June 2019
4th June – 2nd July 2019
16th June – 14th July 2019
27th June – 25th July 2019
4th July – 1st August 2019
16th July – 13th August 2019
22 June – 19 August 2019 – Limited Spaces Remaining
Head to the Think Pacific Vimeo page to watch ALL of our student testimonials. We just couldn’t fit them all on here unfortunately.