Virtual Fiji Internships - UK & Ireland Student Scholarships
Global Understanding + International Experience + Real Social Impact = Extraordinary Virtual Placements
Tackle international development issues and achieve real outcomes for our partners in Fiji, whist developing your skills, experience and boosting your employability.
Support Fijian government ministries, businesses or charities, to implement the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Virtual Internship? Virtual internships are internships that are completed online or remotely from your home. All you need is a computer, phone and internet connection. We’ll connect you with real life projects supporting communities in the Fiji islands. As well as providing insightful mentoring, coaching and support to help you contribute to global issues.
- Gain unique global and professional experience.
- Contribute to the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Choose from 10 career fields & support local impact in Fiji.
- Achieve project outcomes, which have social or environmental impact in Fiji.
- Learn from expert speakers including Fiji based academics and charity and business leaders.
- Expand your professional skills, cultural experience and global network.
- Choose from over 100 internship projects.
- Gain unique global references for CV, Linkedin & job applications.
- Fun, immersive and interactive workshops to explore Fiji including Fijian language, music, dance, art and cooking.
- 4-week, 8-week or 12-week program, flexible to suit your needs.
- No program fees (20x Fully-funded Scholarships Available)
- Applications Close – 20th June
It’s so important that you learn about Fiji’s unique way of life, its challenges and its goals for sustainable development before you dive into your project work. Explore engaging webinars and online content delivered by the Think Pacific team, our charity partners and some of our most successful alumni, alongside Live Q&A sessions and group discussion.
Individually or in a group, you will achieve action projects for your chosen Fijian Ministries, international NGO’s or local charity. The purpose of an action project is to add value to your chosen organisation and help Fiji transform its future through the implementation of the Fiji National Development Plan and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
To deepen your learning experience, you shall complete a Think Pacific internship reflective journal, which means recording and critiquing your learning and increasing your self-awareness. You shall also receive feedback on your work and engagement in the program from your mentor and Fijian partners.
Here is our 5 ‘D’ process for your virtual internship journey;
- Discovery – you learn about Fiji, your organisation, self-leadership and how your organisation supports Fiji’s National Development Plan.
- Discussion – engage in discussion with NGO staff and fellow students to deepen your understanding.
- Decide – decide which project you will focus on as you create campaigns, reports or resources submitted to our partners.
- Design – create your project, that might mean designing reports, powerpoints, research or online campaigns.
- Deliver – present your project to Think Pacific’s senior management team and your attached partner organisation.
- A career specific work placement.
- Up to 100 hours of learning, mentoring and work experience.
- Contribution towards sustainable development.
- Global connections with university students and professionals
- Develop digital skills that are vital to the new virtual workplace.
- Increased employability.
- Linkedin reference and attribute endorsements.
- Certificate of completion from Think Pacific & Partner Organisations.
What Are the Time Commitments?
- 4-Weeks – Recommended 24-28 hours per week.
- 8-Weeks – Recommended 12-16 hours per week.
- 12-Weeks – Recommended 6-10 hours per week.
My Internship at Think Pacific made me appreciate the notion of learning as a constant process, even more, it helped me strike a balance between improving myself and recognising my achievements so far.
Click on the 10 available sectors below to find out more!
Ideal for Business students who want to learn how to create an international social enterprise, just like Think Pacific. On this internship, you will learn from founders and entrepreneurs as they share their knowledge, give you feedback on your ideas and support you to create a business plan for your very own social enterprise. Just like one of our alumni, Callum Drummond, who we have supported to create Bula Batiki.
Ideal for Health or Medical students who want to gain experience. On this internship, you will help Fiji’s rural communities tackle some major public health issues that exist across the whole of the South Pacific. For example, create a Non-Communicable Disease campaign that promotes awareness of how to prevent diabetes and heart disease through healthy lifestyle choices and submit your project to the Ministry of Health. Prevention is easier than cure!
Ideal for those Psychology students or those interested in mental health. On this internship, you will support the Fijian Ministry of Health and grass roots NGO’s in Fiji to break stigma about mental health in rural communities and promote positive messages in Fiji. For example, create an online campaign or physical resources that can be used to promote awareness on behalf of one of our partners, Youth Champs For Mental Health.
Ideal for those studying international development, geography or interested in sustainable development. On this internship, you will support the Ministry of Youth to promote community development programs that aid the achievement of global and national goals, taken from the UN’s Sustainable Goals & the Fiji National Development Plan. For example, create a campaign that promotes Women’s Empowerment in rural Fijian villages.
Ideal for future teachers studying primary, secondary teaching or early years education. On this internship, you will support the learning and holistic development of children studying at remote schools or kindergartens in Fiji. For example, you will be tasked with creating fun, engaging and exciting Maths & English lessons plans, unit frames and resources that will be submitted to the Ministry of Education, accessible by Headteachers across Fiji.
Ideal for those studying science, geography or just interested in conservation. On this internship, you can help to tackle the global warming crisis and other environmental challenges specific to Fiji. Some examples of action projects are; designing a conservation project of your own from carbon offsetting to coral farming or support conservation education for children by creating engaging awareness resources for remote schools in Fiji.
Ideal for those interested in digital marketing and strategy. On this internship, you will support NGO’s, government ministries and sporting organisations to spread their message and maximise their potential within the digital world. For example, create an exciting and engaging social media campaign strategy that supports our partners the ‘Little One’s Mobile Kindergarten’ to increase their following and increase engagement.
Ideal for those interested in sports coaching, development or management. On this internship, you can either support the Fiji National Sports Commission to design community sports camps for children in the summer holidays or support a chosen national sporting organisation such as Netball Fiji or Fiji Rugby by creating fun and engaging sports coaching unit frames they can share with community coaches.
Ideal for those interested in non-for profit (NGO) management. On this internship, you can gain in depth knowledge of monitoring the effectiveness of charitable initiatives, creating new projects, researching grants, increasing donors or creating fundraising resources to submit to a Fijian NGO board of trustees. Create an impact report or expand programmes for Think Pacific Foundation or for one of our Fijian NGO partners.
Perfect for engineering students wanting to dive into disaster management projects, focused on supporting long-term cyclone readiness and sustainable projects in Fiji.
NGO’s / Charity
National Sporting Orgs.
|Ministry of Health||Loving Islands||Nature Fiji||FRU|
|Ministry of Youth & Sports||Juice Fiji||Fiji Women’s Crisis Centre||NRL fiji|
|Ministry of Education||Duavata Sustainable Tourism Collective||Youth Champs 4 Mental Health||Handball Fiji|
|Fiji National Sports Commission||Namosi Eco Retreat||Precious Plastics – Fiji||Netball Fiji|
|Fiji Council of Social Services||Waitika Farm||EcoBricks||Athletics Fiji|
|The Fusion HUB||Uto ni Yalo Trust||Fiji Paralympic Association|
|Rako Pasefika||Psychiatric Survivors Association||The Fiji Rugby Academy|
|Cautata Village Bakery||Lifeline Fiji||Fiji Amateur Boxing|
|Marama Alliance UK||Fiji Alliance for Mental Health|
|South Pacific Society of Lifestyle Medicine||Femlink Pacific|
|Boxfit HQ||Solar Fiji|
|Trendy Fashions||Graduate Women Fiji|
Through your virtual internship, the culmination of your energy and hard work has the power to create tangible outcomes implemented at local level in Fiji
Your action projects are presented by our trustees to Government Officials or heads of international NGO’s and local charities so they may use your content to contribute to their ongoing aims and initiatives or develop new programmes.
You could be responsible for creating the next national health resource, new material being used by schools or community groups, or a marketing or business campaign that leads to increased job creation in Fiji.