Middlesex Students to Fiji
Scholarships are available for students, in partnership with Middlesex University.
Volunteer in Fiji and experience the unique culture, customs and way of life in the South Pacific islands.
Make lifelong friendships and shared memories on a challenging project, whilst gaining global experience, developing unique skills and making a real contribution.
Whether you are looking to enhance your university degree or embark on a meaningful adventure – join a team and work alongside rural Fijian youth groups and communities on local initiatives which are achieving groundbreaking results.
- Award-winning volunteer projects in the South Pacific, since 2009.
- Meaningful team expeditions for students in the Fiji Islands.
- In Partnership with Fijian Government.
- Complete cultural immersion in rural village.
- Live with a traditional Fijian family.
- Work on Youth, Build, Health, Conservation, Sport or Leadership initiatives.
- Develop employability skills, meet like-minded people and contribution to sustainable development.
- Project includes; food, accommodation, 24/7 in-country support, weekend activities, domestic travel & charity donation. (Flights not included).
- Expedition costs £2,145 for 1-Month in Fiji.
- x7 Middlesex University scholarships up to £2,000 available. (See details below)
There are grants available from the International team at Middlesex University London, via the UK Government’s Turing Scheme.
- Financial support is either £480 or £2350 per person. The amount provided depends on the participant’s circumstances, including household income.
- Turing funding is available to all students registered with Middlesex University London.
- Students must apply online to Think Pacific and arrange an interview with a member of the team, before the 10th Dec 2023
- Students must apply to Middlesex University for funding by sending an email to email@example.com before 10th Dec 2023. The email should be sent from MDX email address & it must include: full name, course title, MDX number, year of study and confirmation if the student applies for disadvantaged background supplement or not.
- Update about your application for funding provided mid-December 2023
- Confirm your place with Think Pacific.
If you have any funding questions about funding, please contact Middlesex University via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is for every student to complete their project with a set of experiences, understanding and transferable skills, which can profoundly improve their future.
- Gain 120 + hours of practical international work experience.
- Boost cultural IQ & enhance global perspectives.
- Activate global citizenship & broaden horizons.
- Contribute towards sustainable development, on behalf of our Fijian partners.
- Increase your leadership skills through collaborative work.
- Job references, certificate of completion, and LinkedIn endorsement.
- Potential employment opportunities via Think Pacific graduate scheme.
Collaboration + Culture + Challenge = Extraordinary Personal Development
All our focus is on Fiji.
Go where only we can take you.
Teams of up to 25 students.
Support Fijian Government aims.
Our projects offer you the opportunity to join a traditional village, to become a member of a Fijian family and to work as a team whilst contributing to community development initiatives that support the achievement of the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
My project in Korolevu has been incredible. It’s been so different to anything you could ever imagine, and for that reason I’m so grateful to Think Pacific for the opportunity. Coming to Fiji has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I’ll cherish my experiences for the rest of my life.
Whether you join a construction project or a youth empowerment project, you will be supporting aims set out in the Fiji National Development Plan, through our formal partnerships with organisations such as;
- Fijian Ministry of Health
- Fijian Ministry of Youth & Sports
- Fiji National Sports Commission
- Fiji National University
- Youth Champs 4 Mental Health
- Diabetes Fiji
Partnered with over 70 Fijian organisations.
Join a team of up to 25 like-minded young people and instantly become part of a new group of friends as you share something special together. The bonds you make will last a life-time.
Our programs are certainly no holiday. It’s a real challenge. We believe that, bigger challenge means bigger rewards. You’ll come home with more confidence, new leadership skills and a greater global understanding.
Our expeditions are guided with 24/7 care and dedication. Fiji is all we know and love. From our experienced leaders who guide your project each day to our management team in Fiji and the UK, you’ll receive unrivalled support.
Every project is located in a rural setting. Journey to a remote village and fully immerse yourself in the cultures and customs of the traditional ‘kaiviti’ lifestyle. We ask you to adhere to the highest standard of Fijian culture as we celebrate and preserve such a special way of life.
Supporting aims set out in the Fiji National Development Plan means you can contribute towards sustainable development goals, that are directed by the Fijian Government. Collaborating on the implementation of grassroots initiatives, on behalf of our partners in Fiji, will ensure you arrive home feeling incredible proud of how you have spent your summer.
So many of our volunteers state their experiences in Fiji are ‘life changing’ and that they meet people they’ll stay in touch with forever. You’ll share ‘once in a lifetime’ memories with a group of like-minded people, form special bonds with community members and create a second home in Fiji.