Global Experience in the Fiji Islands
Experience the unique culture, customs and way of life in the South Pacific islands. Make lifelong friendships and shared memories on a challenging project, whilst gaining global experience, developing unique skills and making a real contribution.
Whether you are looking to enhance your university studies or embark upon a meaningful work experience as gap year student or graduate, our projects provide a life changing experience of Fiji.
Affiliated with 100+ Universities – Supporting Students to Gain Global Experience
- Meaningful team volunteer & internship expeditions in the Fiji Islands.
- In Partnership with Fijian Government.
- Complete cultural immersion in rural village.
- Live with a traditional Fijian family.
- Work on Youth, Build, Conservation, Sport, Health or Leadership initiatives.
- Develop employability skills, meet like-minded people and make a contribution.
- Project includes; food, accommodation, 24/7 in-country support, weekend adventures, domestic travel, charity donation. (Flights not included).
- University scholarships & bursaries available – Learn More Here.
Our aim is for every student to complete their project with a set of experiences, understanding and transferable skills, which can profoundly improve their future.
- Gain unique and practical international work experience.
- Boost cultural IQ & enhance global perspectives.
- Activate global citizenship & broaden horizons.
- Contribute towards sustainable development, on behalf of our Fijian partners.
- Increase your leadership skills through collaborative work.
- Job references, certificate of completion, and LinkedIn endorsement.
- Potential employment opportunities via the Think Pacific graduate scheme.
Collaboration + Culture + Challenge = Extraordinary Personal Development
All our focus is on Fiji.
Go where only we can take you.
Teams of up to 25 students.
Support Fijian Government aims.
Volunteer expeditions and internships, which promote the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals. In partnership with the Fijian Government and over 70 organisations.
1 Month or 16-Days
1 Month or 16-Days
1 Month or 16-Days
1 Month or 16-Days
2-Month Youth & Community Expedition
Our 2-month expedition is a tough, eye opening and immensely rewarding journey.
This expedition means you can create deeper connections, achieve bigger rewards and learn even more about traditional Fijian culture.
Pacific Study & Sustainable Development Internship
In collaboration with The University of The South Pacific and our network of over 70 leading Fijian NGOs and charities.
Expand your global experience by undertaking short courses at The University of the South Pacific, network with leaders in sustainable development and work for one of Fiji’s leading Social Enterprises to create an action project, which supports local aims.
“Absolutely amazing experience and definitely the best 10 weeks of my life in Malake. Think Pacific are doing amazing things all over Fiji, they are friendly, organized, full of information and they think of absolutely everything, to ensure that you are prepared and love every minute of your time in Fiji. Their team leaders are unparalleled and made the experience what it was”
Without a doubt my 5 weeks in Fiji were the most memorable, rewarding and fun of my life! I cannot recommend Think Pacific highly enough for their outstanding organisation of the expedition. I feel truly honoured to have lived amongst the incredible families in Fiji and will forever treasure the lessons learnt from their beautiful culture and traditions.
Whether you join a construction project, a youth empowerment project or a study internship, you will be supporting aims set out in the Fiji National Development Plan, through our formal partnerships with organisations such as;
- Fijian Ministry of Health
- Fijian Ministry of Youth & Sports
- Fiji National Sports Commission
- University of The South Pacific
- Youth Champs 4 Mental Health
- Diabetes Fiji
- Alliance For Future Generations
Partnered with over 70 Fijian organisations.
Join a team of up to 25 like-minded young people and instantly become part of a new group of friends as you share something special together. The bonds you make will last a life-time.
Our programs are certainly no holiday. It’s a real challenge. We believe that, bigger challenge means bigger rewards. You’ll come home with more confidence, new leadership skills and a greater global understanding.
Our projects are guided with 24/7 care and dedication. Fiji is all we know and love. From our experienced leaders who guide your project each day to our management team in Fiji and the UK, you’ll receive unrivalled support.
Every project is a learning journey, which connects you sensitively and authentically with Fijian culture, customs and local life. From projects based in remote and traditional villages to collaboratively working with dynamic Fijian leaders and students.
Supporting aims set out in the Fiji National Development Plan means you can contribute towards UN sustainable development goals, that are directed by the Fijian Government. Collaborating on the implementation of grassroots initiatives, on behalf of our partners in Fiji, will ensure you arrive home feeling incredible proud of how you have spent your time abroad.
So many of our participants state their experiences in Fiji are ‘life changing’ and they meet people they’ll stay in touch with forever. You’ll broaden your horizons, create unique memories and forever be proud that you accomplished something so unique, in a destination so remote and special.