With Funding Available from Solent University
Are you looking to make the most of your university summer? Join a team, live at the heart of a traditional village and work on projects that will leave a lasting impact on your future.
Challenge yourself with a team of like-minded students, whilst gaining extraordinary international experience, developing unique skills and making a real contribution to initiatives that are achieving ground-breaking results through inspiring partnerships.
Whether you are looking to enhance your university degree or embark on a meaningful adventure – our projects are ideal for students looking to expand their horizons and bridge the gap between university and graduate employment.
- Award-winning volunteering and internships, since 2009.
- 1-Month or 16-Day Projects in Fiji & Bali
- Support the achievement of the UN SDGs
- Work on behalf of exclusive partners, such as the Fijian Government
- Complete cultural immersion in a traditional village.
- Work on Business, Youth, Build, Mental Health or Sport initiatives.
- Develop employability skills, meet like-minded people and contribution to sustainable development.
- Project includes; food, accommodation, 24/7 in-country support, weekend adventures, domestic travel, and charity donation. (Flights not included).
- Project costs from £1,895.
- Apply for university funding up to £2,000
There are grants available from the International Office at Solent University, via the UK Government’s Turing Scheme.
- Financial support ranges from £480-£1900. The amount depends on the participant’s circumstances, including household income.
- Apply to Think Pacific.
- Speak to Think Pacific team member to reserve a programme date, before 11th December.
- Apply to Solent University for Funding by completing this Form
- Funding will then be confirmed by Solent University.
- Confirm your place with Think Pacific.
Solent University Bursaries are available from the International Office please email international.exchanges@
In today’s multicultural society, it’s hugely beneficial to travel and experience life in another country and culture before settling into a career. No amount of time in the classroom can replace hands-on, active learning. Our aim is for every student to complete their project with a set of experiences and transferable skills, which can profoundly improve their future:
- Gain 100 + hours of international work experience.
- Boost cultural IQ & enhance global perspectives.
- Activate global citizenship & broaden horizons.
- Contribute towards sustainable development, on behalf of our partners.
- Increase your leadership skills through collaborative work.
- Job references, certificate of completion, and LinkedIn endorsement.
- Potential employment opportunities via Think Pacific graduate scheme.
Collaboration + Culture + Challenge = Extraordinary Personal Development
My project in Korolevu has been incredible. It’s been so different to anything you could ever imagine, and for that reason I’m so grateful to Think Pacific for the opportunity. Coming to Fiji has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I’ll cherish my experiences for the rest of my life.
Become a member of a Fijian family and work within a team whilst contributing to sustainable development initiatives that support the achievement of the Fiji National Development Plan.
Our projects in Fiji are truly unique. They take place in rural communities which are a world away from the usual crowds and the average volunteer projects. The villages in Fiji are only accessible upon invitation by the chief only, which means you can sample a way of life that few people will ever be fortunate enough to see.
Our projects in Bali offer you the opportunity to supercharge your CV by completing a professional internship or placement for our inspiring partners, which includes a collection of hand-picked local NGOs, businesses and social enterprises.
Whilst living in a traditional Balinese village and immersing into the local culture, you can promote positive Mental Health or complete an internship for partners across a range of sectors.