Virtual Internship Scholarships
We are delighted to be offering 150 fully funded places for our Fiji remote internship program taking place between November 2020 and February 2021. Through this unique opportunity Think Pacific and our partners aim to foster global understanding, contribute to international development and increase relationships between the Fiji Islands and global university students.
- We are offering 150 fully-funded places to successful applicants (normally £495 GBP / $605 USD / $850 CAD)
- Programs starting in November and December 2020
- Flexibility to complete the internship over 4, 8 or 12 weeks alongside your studies (minimum 8 hours per week over 12 weeks)
- Work with Fijian government departments, charities, social enterprises and start-ups
- 9 career sectors to choose (Psychology, Health, Environment, Business, Marketing, Education, International Development, NGO Management, Sports Development)
- Over 100+ hours of live cultural workshops, Fijian speakers, online networking events, personalized mentoring and empowering work experience.
- 97% of our participants said the program increased their cultural intelligence
Wondering if a virtual internship with Think Pacific sounds right for you? Check out what some of our first ever virtual interns have to say about their experience!
Requirements & Eligibility
To be eligible students must:
- Be enrolled in a higher education university or college at the time of the placement.
- Available to start the placement on one of the following dates:
- 2nd November
- 16th November
- 7th December
- Able to commit to a minimum of 8 flexible hours per week (over a 12 week period). Or a maximum of 25 hours per week over a 4-week period.
- Submit a completed application via the form below.
- Completion of three media stories including a blog, video and LinkedIn post during the placement.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have a genuine interest in learning about Fijian culture and gaining an international experience.
- Have a desire to learn about the UN Sustainable Development goals and how international development relates to Fiji.
- Have the ability to work independently and approach new tasks with a positive attitude.
- Contribute effectively towards online discussions, Q&A’s and network remotely with colleagues and interns.
- Be committed to developing new skills.
- Have a passion to contribute to tangible outcomes for partners in Fiji.
Scholarship Application Process
To be considered for a Think Pacific virtual internship scholarship you must submit a short application form.
Applications Officially Open: 10:00 AM GMT on 14th September
Applications Close: 10:00 AM GMT on 26th October.
Completed applications will be reviewed by 3 Think Pacific scholarships judges and awarded based on the Application Criteria set out above.
Scholarship Winners Announced: 2nd Nov (All scholarship winners will be officially informed by email on 2nd Nov, 2020)Submit Your Application Here
We are fortunate to have a really exciting range of partners in Fiji. Through our virtual internships, you will have the opportunity to support Fijian government ministries, social enterprises or charities, to implement the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Action projects are submitted by our partners in Fiji, so you can be confident you will be working on purposeful projects, which tackle international development issues and achieve real outcomes!
Check out some of our partners below…