The 'TP Award’
Our aim is for every student to complete their project with a set of experiences, personal attributes and transferable skills, which can positively impact their future education, career ambitions and transition to life beyond study.
Upon the successful completion of a Think Pacific project, volunteers can receive the ‘TP Award’.
This award acknowledges the soft skill development of our volunteers following their immensely challenging time on project, whilst also acknowledging their contribution to a rural community and the implementation of Fiji’s National Development Plan.
Learn Why Think Pacific is Unique
- A Think Pacific project is a meaningful personal development journey that allows students from universities all around the world to challenge themselves, whilst making a positive contribution to international development aims and expanding their understanding of the world.
- Students and young people work within a team of up to 24 like-minded people to deliver community development initiatives – on behalf of the Fijian Government. To do so, they must plan learning activities and communicate effectively with peers, community members and youth groups.
- Over the course of a project, every student shall experience a complete cultural immersion, an invigorating team-based challenge and a structured and inspiring learning and leadership journey.
It’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know the TP team, as well as being lucky enough to travel to Fiji to see the great work you are all doing first hand. We’ll be looking to expand to send more students to Fiji next summer. Staff here in Global Opportunities are all in agreement that Think Pacific is a great opportunity for students. I’m pleased that the partnership with Cardiff University will continue to grow and grow.
The most incredible experience of my life, thrown into the deep end and fully experiencing a culture like no other was one of the most eye opening thing I’ve ever been able to do! The support from signing up all the way through to the final day of project was unbelievable! Wouldn’t change a thing about my experience other than I’d have stayed for longer! The project tests you in ways you can’t imagine before, putting you out of so many comfort zones but you’ll leave with a completely new outlook on your life at home and wanting more experiences of this nature! Think Pacific really go the extra mile to make your experience one of a kind! Best month of my life! I’d go back in a heartbeat and the friendships I made will last a lifetime! Vinaka Think Pacific!
I’m sure I’m not the only one who comes away saying Think Pacific changed my perspective on life. Challenging and thoroughly rewarding. I’ve learned more than I ever imagined.
TP volunteers will be expected to undertake leadership activities in a challenging and changing environment, which means they can achieve the following learning outcomes;
Able to communicate Think Pacific outcomes, goals and vision
Displays global Intelligence & empathy with open mind
Ability to lead activities & others without authority
Build relationships with Fijian community members
Adapt to Fijian culture with passion & empathy
Approaches new settings with emotional intelligence
Can language personal and team reflections
Can speak effectively to a group
Can communicate with individuals from different backgrounds
Has an understanding of own leadership style/s
Is open to feedback and open to change
Curious attitude and continual learner
Ability to persist during within challenging environment
Motivates others through consistency
Persistently displays determination to achieve end goal
Decisive in new environments
Drives innovations and ideas
Takes initiative to implement ideas
Positive member of Think Pacific volunteer team
Can collaborate with Fijian Youth & Community members
- Adhered to Fijian customs and cultures
- Implemented holistic health development aims on behalf of Ministry of Health
- Been a positive member of the volunteer team and Fijian community
- Collaborated on community workshops across holistic health components
- Engaged in daily team briefing and debriefs
- Provided a short reflection journal, covering the TP Leadership Learning outcomes
- Lead sports development or extra-curricular activities
- Adhered to Think Pacific code of conduct