Corporate Volunteer Projects in Fiji
Life-Changing Experiences, Since 2009
Are you a HR or business leader exploring providers for your next global team experience? Think Pacific works in collaboration with Fijian ministries, universities and local organisations to offer transformational volunteer projects to the Fiji Islands that align with specific personal and professional development outcomes – whilst making a positive contribution to government initiatives in the South Pacific.
Our projects provide complete cultural immersion, an invigorating team-based challenge and a structured and inspiring learning and leadership experience. Volunteer collaborate with local youths to work on a range of inspiring initiatives in rural Fijian communities. Implementing health, climate, youth, leadership and sports initiatives in partnership with the Fijian Ministry of Health, Fijian Ministry of Youth & Sports and other local partners.
- Culturally Immersive In-Country and Remote programs
- Registered Fijian organisation with HQ in Suva (and Registered UK organisation)
- 10+ years partnerships with Fijian Government Ministries
- Formal partners with The University of the South Pacific and Fiji National University
- Projects aligned with UK Turing Scheme, Canadian Global Skills Opportunities & Australian OS-Help funding.
- Trusted by 80+ universities globally
- Gold standards of health and safety to BS8848, H&S Executive and DFAT guidelines
- 24/7 project guidance and expert pastoral care
- All projects support the Fiji National Development Plan & UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- We have provided global mobility to 7000+ Students
- From design to delivery, expert end-to-end mobility service
- Over $10m invested into Fiji’s sustainable development
Our aim is for every volunteer to complete their project with a set of experiences, personal attributes and transferable skills, which can positively impact their development.
Our projects require volunteer to leave their comfort zone, challenge themselves, adopt a new culture and form new friendships as they become a member of a traditional Fijian village.
Volunteer consistently return home with a fresh perspective and heightened appreciation for education, community and the opportunities that have been afforded to them. Experiencing a back-to-basics lifestyle and seeing first-hand the challenges facing youths in Fiji has a life-long impact. Volunteers also celebrate and learn from the remarkable mentality, happiness and unique values of the Fijian people and the South Pacific way of life.
Whether you’re planning a rewarding group trip or looking to enhance your teamwork, on a Think Pacific project you can:
- Contribution; Have a tangible impact on sustainable development goals.
- Challenge; Expand your comfort zone and throw yourself into village life.
- Learn; Learn about a new culture by living ‘vakavanua‘
- Skills; Develop ‘soft skills such as teamwork, communication & leadership.
- Global Experience; Work on internal development projects in Fiji.
Cultural Immersion + Group Challenge + Contribution = Huge Personal Growth
It’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know the TP team, as well as being lucky enough to travel to Fiji to see the great work you are all doing first hand. We’ll be looking to expand to send more students to Fiji next summer. Staff here in Global Opportunities are all in agreement that Think Pacific is a great opportunity for students. I’m pleased that the partnership with Cardiff University will continue to grow and grow.
Think Pacific are a formally registered third party provider under Western Sydney University Go Global Office for their virtual and mobility programmes. I would encourage more university staff to consider visiting the Fiji Islands and discuss their programming needs with Think Pacific.
Think Pacific is a ‘For Impact’ organisation.
As a registered charity in Fiji, we invest in locally-led initiatives and the capacity building of local people. Our sustainability measures include using only local suppliers, investing in our local staff team, providing local job creation and training; adding capacity to local Fijian organisations and expanding the professional skills and global understanding of Fijian students and youths in rural communities. Through our Foundation, we support local Fijian charities and community groups in our network with resources, donations and support. Areas we support in Fiji include public health promotion, mental health services, youth training and education, community cyclone preparedness, environmental protection and enterprise creation.
- Fijian Ministry of Health & Medical Services
- Fijian Ministry of Youth & Sports
- Fijian Ministry of Economy, Climate Change and International Cooperation Division
- Fiji National Sports Commission
- Ministry of ITaukei Affairs
- Fiji National University
- University of the South Pacific
- National Sporting Organisations (NRL Fiji, Cricket Fiji, Athletics Fiji, Netball Fiji, Fiji RFU, Fiji, Paralympic Association).
- Fiji National Employment Centre
- Leadership Fiji
This summer I taught students to read and coached sports each day. We caught fish, cooked them on an open fire and picked fresh lemons, bananas and coconuts. We travelled by boat each day and saw a Pacific sunset every evening and that’s not even all! Thank you Think Pacific for an invaluable experience.
Seeing the simplicity of life in a Fijian village has changed my outlook on life at home, and made me re-evaluate my priorities. It has also highlighted how we obsess over trivial possessions; often forgetting what the most important things in life are. I am fairly-confident that I am not only speaking for myself when I say that this experience has changed my life for the better, and that I will be forever in debt to the people of Fiji for the kindness and hospitality.
From my initial meeting about the potential trip I was already exited. I met some of the most amazing people whilst on project and created bonds that will last a lifetime! Throughout my time in Fiji I learnt so much about myself and developed my confidence, organisational skills and just had an awesome time whilst doing so! I love actually living with a Fijian family and getting an authentic experience on their culture and lifestyle, which is something that you are unlikely to have on a normal tourist holiday! The month away pushed my boundaries and I am so happy and proud that I have completed it with such amazing memories and lifelong stories! I can not recommend this experience enough! Absolutely incredible! If you are ever in doubt just do it!
The health and safety of our volunteers is our first priority. Students are under our care and guidance throughout and we take this responsibility seriously, providing exceptional support.