2 Month Expedition
Our 2 month expedition is by far our biggest experience. It means you can create deeper connections, achieve bigger rewards, enjoy more adventures – with complete immersion into Fijian culture. This expedition is for those with a positive mindset, personal drive and passionate commitment to making a real difference in Fiji. Joining a 2 month team means you’ll live within a remote village & volunteer in the local school for 7 weeks. Plus 7 days in a beach resort across the briefing & R&R phases of the expedition and 7 weekend adventures, from guided jungle treks, to visiting remote beaches or waterfalls. If you are the type of person who values making the most of every opportunity to challenge yourself then this is the expedition for you.
Take The Next Step - Apply To Join A 2 Month Team
A Think Pacific 2 month expedition is a once in a lifetime adventure that will stay with you forever. With a team of up to 20 fellow like-minded passion volunteers you will contribute to education, youth and sports volunteer projects, which are achieving dramatic results in partnership with the Fijian government. Whilst experiencing the island lifestyle, you’ll learn Fijian culture and customs, gain a Fijian family and make friends for life as you experience this South Pacific paradise through the eyes of the local people.
“Think Pacific has been one of the best experiences of my life” – Molly, June 2015
Listen to our volunteers talk about their experiences and learn how Fiji has inspired them…
Forget about the day job or the stress of exams by arriving in the exotic South Seas. You will land at Nadi Airport and be met by your Expedition Leaders for the first time.
Every expedition starts with an all inclusive 3 day briefing at a beautiful tropical beach resort. This is time for you to get to know your team mates and wind down into ‘Fiji time’.
Leaving your briefing paradise, we travel to your remote traditional Fijian community. Depending on your village, this could be a truck to deep jungle or ferry to an outer island.
Arriving into your Fijian village is an exciting and nervous moment! Every door is open in a Fijian community and the generosity and genuine excitement of the local people is profound. By the end of the project our volunteers feel as though they are leaving a second home in the South Pacific.
Some of your greatest experiences will be the simple activities of daily Fijian life; learning how to weave palm leaves, cooking Fijian food in underground earth ovens, drinking ceremonial Kava with the chief, husking coconuts or fishing ‘Fiji-style’.
We focus upon developing youth and sports in remote primary schools. You’ll provide one-to-one tuition and establish kindergarten programmes, coach a variety of sports & lead ‘The House Cup’! The days are rewarding and incredibly busy!
Explore your incredible surroundings as we organise guided excursion days. Which depending on your locations could be treks, waterfall visits or beach days.
Leaving your Fijian village is an emotional experience; such are the close bonds that are formed between our volunteers and the local community. Farewell dinners, tearful goodbyes and the pride in your achievements will sum up your final days.
We finish the project by enjoying our final few days relaxing at Fiji’s glorious beach resorts. Top up your South Pacific tan by the swimming pool, head out snorkelling or go island trekking. During the ‘R&R days’ we ask for your all-important feedback during a final de-brief as we review the project in detail.
2 Month Project Costs
This secures your place in the team, provides personal support from your project manager, full access to our pre-departure resources and your expedition t-shirt. Your registration fee is additional to your project fundraising.
Over 1/3 of your fee supports the long term charity aims in Fiji and ensures the sustainability of the youth and sports inititives we implement. Many of our volunteers fundraise this entire amount.
Our philosophy is to provide a high quality and exceptionally well structured volunteer project. Our expeditions are packed full of adventure and cultural insight, whilst having safety and support at their core. We also ensure that through our charity, the schools and communities you support receive long-term financial and physical assistance year-round. Think Pacific is not the cheapest volunteer organisation around, but this is for all the right reasons.
All our expeditions include:
- Airport welcome by Think Pacific Expedition leaders (or resort meet and greet if you arrive early).
- All in-country expedition travel
- All project accommodation
- All-inclusive briefing and orientation from a beautiful beach resort.
- All meals during your briefing, all meals for 7 weeks staying with your Fijian village family and breakfast and evening meals during your final days of R&R at beach resorts.
- Guided weekend excursions such as rainforest treks, waterfall visits or island and snorkelling trips.
- Organised evening Fijian activities including kava cerem onies, lovo feasts, mat weaving,
- Think Pacific Leaders and Fijian Matanivanua guides living with you 24/7.
- In-country Director, Fiji based Project Managers and UK team providing planning, risk assessment and 24-hour back up support.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information & personal volunteer project planning.
- Fiji expedition de-brief at a selection of beach resorts or castaway islands.
- Your project donation of £600 towards the youth development goals in Fiji (which is used to purchase educational and sports equipment, fund scholarships and training for local people and build village facilities and school classrooms).
- International flights
- Personal travel insurance
2 Month Expedition Dates
14 January – 12 March 2018
4 March – 30 April 2018
6 May – 2 July 2018
24 June – 20 August 2018