2 Month Expedition
Our 2 month expedition is by far our biggest experience. This program means you can create deeper connections, achieve bigger rewards and learn even more about Fijian culture. This expedition is for those with a positive mindset, passion to learn, personal drive and commitment to making a real difference in Fiji.
Our biggest experience is for people who want to see the ‘real Fiji’ and really challenge themselves. You’ll need a strong desire to experience back to basics conditions and to learn to live as local people do – rather than relaxing by the beach. You’ll need to completely embrace a new culture and roll up your sleeves to contribute to something bigger.
The opportunity to have an extended break from day to day life doesn’t last forever and we know people regret it, if they let it slip away, especially once the big climb up the career ladder begins. Whether you are due a career break, are waiting to start university, wanting to make the most of a long university holiday or taking an adventure after graduation – take your chance to do something extraordinary!
Volunteer in Fiji with Think Pacific and our 2-month program will test you, develop your skills and provide rewards, pride and unique memories that will stay with you long after your time in Fiji has ended.
Apply To Join A 2 Month Team
- Largest Volunteer Project to the South Pacific.
- Meaningful 1-Month Program in the Fiji Islands.
- In Partnership with Fijian Government.
- Complete cultural immersion. Homestay – Live with a Traditional Fijian family.
- Work with children of your village and local youth group.
- Build Community Health Centre.
- Achieve personal growth, develop soft skills and challenge your expectations.
- Project Fees include; food, accommodation, 24/7 in-country support, domestic travel, charity donation (flights not included).
- Expedition Costs From £2,300 for 2-Months in Fiji (see Dates & Costs below).
We can promise you that a Think Pacific 2 month expedition is a once in a lifetime adventure that will stay with you forever. With a team of up to 20 fellow like-minded and passionate volunteers you will contribute to sports, public health, mental health & youth development aims which are achieving dramatic results in partnership with the Fijian government. Whilst experiencing the island lifestyle, you’ll learn Fijian culture and customs, gain a Fijian family and make friends for life as you experience this South Pacific paradise through the eyes of the local people.
Whether you’re taking a gap year, a break from work or looking to enhance your studies, on a Think Pacific project you could expect to experience;
- Contribution; Make a real difference by supporting youths in rural Fiji.
- Challenge; Leave your comfort zone and throw yourself into “back-to-basics”.
- Growth; Develop greater global awareness and learn about a unique culture.
- Experience; Gain hands on experience across a range of project activities.
- Skills; Develop teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
- Memories; Create memories and friendships that will last a life time.
Real Challenge + Cultural Understanding + Contribution = Huge Personal Growth
Our biggest project combines all aspects of Think Pacific’s volunteer projects and programs. Whilst living with a Fijian family in a rural community you will; complete the construction of local health centre, collaborate with a local youth group to address holistic health and community issues and provide fun and engaging sports, education and advocacy programs for children.
The building project is incorporated into our 2 month project itinerary only. This is a huge highlight to our biggest expedition and provides an immense legacy to leave as well as our youth, sports and education initiatives. You will be able to rotate and choose between building and leading kids clubs, sports and youth projects.
You will work alongside a local youth group to plan and deliver community profiling, awareness and advocacy programs in public health, mental health, sports development, youth development and community development.
Each day after school, you and your team will deliver fun and engaging extra-curricular clubs for the children across a range of activities such as; arts, dance, drama, homework clubs and sports. On Saturday’s, you will plan, prepare and deliver youth clubs for children from your village and other neighbouring villages.
The day-to-day build will be supervised by our qualified Fijian team, who provide lots of support and training but ultimately it is up to the commitment of you and the local community to work together to complete the project in our set time-frame. It’s hugely rewarding to see the project take shape and utilise the building on project with your youth group, after an a huge opening ceremony.
Forget about the day job or the stress of exams by arriving in the exotic South Seas. You will land at Nadi Airport and be met by your Expedition Leaders for the first time.
Every expedition starts with an all inclusive 3 day briefing at a beautiful tropical beach resort. This is time for you to get to set your goals, learn more about your project, get to know your team mates and to tune into ‘Fiji time’.
Leaving your briefing paradise, we travel to your remote traditional Fijian community. Depending on your village, this could be a truck to deep jungle or ferry to an outer island.
Arriving into your Fijian village is an exciting and nervous moment! Every door is open in a Fijian community and the generosity and genuine excitement of the local people is profound. By the end of the project our volunteers feel as though they are leaving a second home in the South Pacific.
Some of your greatest experiences will be the simple activities of daily Fijian life; learning how to weave palm leaves, cooking Fijian food in underground earth ovens, drinking ceremonial Kava with the chief, or husking coconuts.
When volunteering in your very own village, we work alongside local youth groups to contribute to Fijian Government aims. We focus upon developing holistic health through a range of activities across sports, youth clubs, public health, mental health and construction. The days are rewarding and incredibly busy!
Live at the heart of some of the most rural communities and immerse yourself into local village life, where everyday is an adventure. If you’re looking for the ultimate adventure then Fiji is waiting to be explored.
Leaving your Fijian village is an emotional experience; such are the close bonds that are formed between our volunteers and the local community. Farewell dinners, emotional goodbyes and the pride in your achievements will sum up your final days.
We finish the project by enjoying our final couple of days relaxing at Fiji’s glorious beach resorts. During the ‘R&R days’ we ask for your all-important feedback and celebrate your achievements with a final farewell dinner.
2 Month Project Costs
This secures your place in the team, provides personal support from your project manager, full access to our pre-departure resources and your expedition t-shirt. Your registration fee is additional to your project fundraising.
Over 1/3 of your fee supports the long term charity aims in Fiji and ensures the sustainability of the youth and sports inititives we implement. Many of our volunteers fundraise this entire amount.
Our philosophy is to provide a high quality and exceptionally well structured volunteer project. Our expeditions are packed full of adventure and cultural insight, whilst having safety and support at their core. We also ensure that through our charity, the schools and communities you support receive long-term financial and physical assistance year-round. Think Pacific is not the cheapest volunteer organisation around, but this is for all the right reasons.
All our expeditions include:
- Airport welcome by Think Pacific Expedition leaders (or resort meet and greet if you arrive early).
- All in-country expedition travel
- All project accommodation
- All-inclusive briefing and orientation from a beautiful beach resort.
- All meals during your briefing, all meals for 7 weeks staying with your Fijian village family and breakfast and evening meals during your final days of R&R at beach resorts.
- Guided weekend excursions such as rainforest treks, waterfall visits or island and snorkelling trips.
- Organised evening Fijian activities including kava cerem onies, lovo feasts, mat weaving,
- Think Pacific Leaders and Fijian Matanivanua guides living with you 24/7.
- In-country Director, Fiji based Project Managers and UK team providing planning, risk assessment and 24-hour back up support.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information & personal volunteer project planning.
- Fiji expedition de-brief at a selection of beach resorts or castaway islands.
- Your project donation of £600 towards the youth development goals in Fiji (which is used to purchase educational and sports equipment, fund scholarships and training for local people and build village facilities and school classrooms).
- International flights
- Personal travel insurance