Fully-Funded Global Mobility for Further Education
Think Pacific support FE/ VET Colleges to undertake fully funded global mobility projects to Bali and the Fiji islands with support of the UK Government Turing Scheme.
Our 2+Week international experiences enable students to further their educational, vocational and technical skills; increase their exposure to diverse cultural experiences and develop personal and social competences including teamwork, communication, problem solving and confidence.
We are a UK social enterprise, and registered international charity, with permanent staff based globally. For over a decade, we have guided 6000+ UK students to the Asia-Pacific region, working in partnership with educational institutions and international charities, NGOs, business and government departments.
We can tailor a program to your unique experiential requirements and learning outcomes. All of our programmes are designed to meet learning outcomes and are eligible for Turing Scheme funding.
- UK Social Enterprise and Internationally registered charity
- Programmes designed to receive funding with UK Government Turing Scheme
- MOU agreements and long term partnerships with over 100 charities, NGOs and businesses globally
- Gold standards of Health and Safety to BS8848 Standards
- Programmes support the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Trusted by over 80 + universities and FE Institutions globally
- 6000+ student participants, since 2009
- From design to delivery, expert end-to-end mobility service
- Guiding over 1000 students with Turing Scheme funding across 2022 & 2023
- Experienced Global Staff Team based across the UK, Bali and Fiji.
- Over $10m invested into sustainable development initiatives through our charity
Think Pacific supports UK colleges and schools to offer life changing experiences, which enable learners to:
- Experience; Gain hands work and industry knowledge, networks and experience
- Culture: Learn about a new culture through field visits and local immersion
- Sustainability; Have a tangible impact to sustainable development goals
- Challenge; Expand your comfort zone and throw yourself into diverse challenges
- Learn; Gain lived experience from travelling, learning and working internationally
- Skills; Develop ‘soft skills’ such as teamwork, communication & leadership.
Global Experience + Cultural Understanding + Contribution = Huge Personal Growth
The Turing Scheme is the UK government’s initiative to provide funding for international opportunities in education and training across the world. The scheme facilitates thousands of students each year to access valuable experiential learning opportunities that enhance their employability and broaden their world perspectives.
Our 2 week programmes are designed to meet the requirements and budgets of the scheme, to ensure that the following costs are fully covered for students: accommodation, in-country travel, food, flights, placement and itinerary & field trips.
If you’re wondering how to organise a fully-funded work experience project for your School, Further Education (Sixth Form & College) or Higher Education (University) students, please don’t hesitate to reach out and arrange a meeting. The deadline for applications to the Turing Scheme for the next round of funding is April 2023.
It’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know the TP team, as well as being lucky enough to travel to Fiji to see the great work you are all doing first hand. We’ll be looking to expand to send more students to Fiji next summer. Staff here in Global Opportunities are all in agreement that Think Pacific is a great opportunity for students. I’m pleased that the partnership with Cardiff University will continue to grow and grow.
Some of our most popular programmes…
Since 2021 we have facilitated over 1000 Turing funded learner placements.
Learners experience Bali’s thriving business ecosystem, enjoy masterclasses from business leaders, networking, professional workshops, cultural experiences and work on mini projects for Indonesian business clients.
Leave a physical legacy and learn from local Fijian building experts by achieving the construction of important facilities in rural Fijian communities, including building health centres and improving sanitation facilities in partnership with the Fijian Government.
Expand your skills through experience, collaborate on locally driven project aims and experience authentic cultural immersion. Learn from health professionals, visit health and care settings and support Diabetes Fiji to deliver workshops.
An outreach programme for rural communities, you will collaborate with members of a Fijian youth group (aged 18-24 year olds) to develop technique and skills of your favourite sports at grass roots level, whilst learning from National Sports Bodies in the Pacific.
With over 100 global business and charity partners, we design unique programmes to provide general global citizenship experiences, personal development and achievement of the Gatsby benchmarks for all students. We also delight in crafting unique programmes to meet specific curriculum areas for learners.
We provide a wide range of services for both staff and students. Whether that is pre-departure, during program delivery and after students return home.
Our aim is for every student to complete their project with a set of experiences, attributes and transferable skills, which can positively impact their future education, career ambitions and transition to life beyond study. Our projects require students to leave their comfort zone, learn a new culture and form new friendships as they collaborate on a personal journey of self-development. Students consistently return home with a fresh perspective and heightened appreciation for education, community and the opportunities that have been afforded to them.
- Students demonstrate 12 examples of Work-Ready skills developed from participation in the programme through a reflective journal.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of sustainability, global citizenship and civic responsibility by delivering a presentation during the final few days of the program to local stakeholders.
- Students discuss how they will continue to foster cross-cultural learning, sustainability and civic responsibility at home.
Work Ready Skills & Attributes
Through a reflective journal, submitted at the end of the program, students must highlight specific examples for how they have demonstrated the following attributes: communication, teamwork, cultural Intelligence, resilience, emotional intelligence, integrity, motivation, responsibility, adaptability, critical thinking, creativity, leadership.
Our aim is for every student to build an understanding and connection with Fiji, whilst being part of a study tour program, which has a long term positive impact on Fiji & Bali’s future.
Our projects are built upon sustainable partnerships with organisations in Fiji and are designed under our formal agreements with Fijian Ministries.
As a registered local organisation, we invest in local staff, job creation and training; we add capacity to our partner organisations and expand the skills of Fijian university students and unemployed youth through global collaboration, courses and professional experience.
Through the Think Pacific Foundation, we support local Fijian charities and communities to achieve sustainable development goals under the guidance of Fiji’s National Development Plan.