Virtual Fiji Internships
Global Understanding + Charity Sector Experience + Real Social Impact = Extraordinary Virtual Placements
Support Fijian government ministries, social enterprises or charities, to implement the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Achieve purposeful projects, which tackle international development issues and achieve real outcomes, whist developing your skills, experience and boosting your employability. Learn from social entrepreneurs, international development Teams, local Fijian staff and Government advisors.
What is a Virtual Internship? Virtual internships are internships that are completed online or remotely from your home. All you need is a computer, phone and internet connection. We’ll connect you with real life projects supporting communities in the Fiji islands.Apply Now to Join the Program
- Unique work experience for Fijian Ministries, NGO’s, social enterprises or local charities.
- Contribute to the Fiji National Development Plan and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Choose your own career field which supports local impact in Fiji.
- Complete our Sustainable Dev & Fijian Culture learning modules.
- Connect with ambitious and socially conscious students & professionals.
- Gain unique global references for CV, Linkedin & job applications.
- Create your own action project to tackle real problems.
- Learn from social entrepreneurs, government advisors, academics & local experts.
- Potential full-time employment opportunities after internships.
- 4-week, 8-week or 12-week program to suit your flexibility.
- Program fees £495 / $660 USD / $900 AUD.
- 50% of your fee supports our foundation in Fiji.
Applications Are Open Now
- Think Pacific has 150 fully funded Scholarship places available!
- Your chance to develop career skills, gain unique global experience and make a difference to organisations in Fiji
- Apply before the 26th October
- Click the link below to learn more about this incredible opportunity.
It’s so important that you learn about Fiji’s unique way of life, its challenges and its goals for sustainable development before you dive into your project work. Explore engaging webinars and online content delivered by the Think Pacific team, our charity partners and some of our most successful alumni, alongside Live Q&A sessions and group discussion.
Individually or in a group, you will achieve action projects for your chosen Fijian Ministries, international NGO’s or local charity. The purpose of an action project is to add value to your chosen organisation and help Fiji transform its future through the implementation of the Fiji National Development Plan and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
To deepen your learning experience, you shall complete a Think Pacific internship reflective journal, which means recording and critiquing your learning and increasing your self-awareness. You shall also receive feedback on your work and engagement in the program from your mentor and Fijian partners.
Here is our 5 ‘D’ process for your virtual internship journey;
- Discovery – you learn about Fiji, your organisation, self-leadership and how your organisation supports Fiji’s National Development Plan.
- Discussion – engage in discussion with NGO staff and fellow students to deepen your understanding.
- Decide – decide which project you will focus on as you create campaigns, reports or resources submitted to our partners.
- Design – create your project, that might mean designing reports, powerpoints, research or online campaigns.
- Deliver – present your project to Think Pacific’s senior management team and your attached partner organisation.
What Will You Gain?
- A career specific work placement.
- Up to 100 hours of learning, mentoring and work experience.
- Contribution towards sustainable development.
- Global connections with university students and professionals
- Develop digital skills that are vital to the new virtual workplace.
- Increased employability.
- Potential employment opportunities.
- Linkedin reference and attribute endorsements.
- Certificate of completion from Think Pacific & Partner Organisations.
What Are the Time Commitments?
- 4-Weeks – Recommended 18-22 hours per week.
- 8-Weeks – Recommended 10-12 hours per week.
- 12-Weeks – Recommended 6-8 hours per week.
My Internship at Think Pacific made me appreciate the notion of learning as a constant process, even more, it helped me strike a balance between improving myself and recognising my achievements so far.
Ideal for Business students who want to learn about international social enterprises, just like Think Pacific. You can support grass roots Fijian businesses struggling in this climate, help local people to develop their enterprise ideas or find new opportunities to market. You can also learn from founders and entrepreneurs as they share their knowledge and give you feedback on your own ideas, just like one of our alumni, Callum Drummond, who we supported to create Bula Batiki.
Ideal for Health or Medical students who want to gain experience. On this internship, you will help Fiji’s rural communities tackle some major public health issues that exist across the whole of the South Pacific. For example, create a Non-Communicable Disease campaign that promotes awareness of how to prevent diabetes and heart disease through healthy lifestyle choices and submit your project to the Ministry of Health. Prevention is easier than cure!
Ideal for those Psychology students or those interested in mental health. On this internship, you will support the Fijian Ministry of Health and grass roots NGO’s in Fiji to break stigma about mental health in rural communities and promote positive messages in Fiji. For example, create an online campaign or physical resources that can be used to promote awareness on behalf of one of our partners, Youth Champs For Mental Health.
Ideal for those studying international development, geography or interested in sustainable development. On this internship, you will support the Ministry of Youth to promote community development programs that aid the achievement of global and national goals, taken from the UN’s Sustainable Goals & the Fiji National Development Plan. For example, create a campaign that promotes Women’s Empowerment in rural Fijian villages.
Ideal for future teachers studying primary, secondary teaching or early years education. On this internship, you will support the learning and holistic development of children studying at remote schools or kindergartens in Fiji. For example, you will be tasked with creating fun, engaging and exciting Maths & English lessons plans, unit frames and resources that will be submitted to the Ministry of Education, accessible by Headteachers across Fiji.
Ideal for those studying science, geography or just interested in conservation. On this internship, you can help to tackle the global warming crisis and other environmental challenges specific to Fiji. Some examples of action projects are; designing a conservation project of your own from carbon offsetting to coral farming or support conservation education for children by creating engaging awareness resources for remote schools in Fiji.
Ideal for those interested in digital marketing and strategy. On this internship, you will support NGO’s, government ministries and sporting organisations to spread their message and maximise their potential within the digital world. For example, create an exciting and engaging social media campaign strategy that supports our partners the ‘Little One’s Mobile Kindergarten’ to increase their following and increase engagement.
Ideal for those interested in sports coaching, development or management. On this internship, you can either support the Fiji National Sports Commission to design community sports camps for children in the summer holidays or support a chosen national sporting organisation such as Netball Fiji or Fiji Rugby by creating fun and engaging sports coaching unit frames they can share with community coaches.
Ideal for those interested in non-for profit (NGO) management. On this internship, you can gain in depth knowledge of monitoring the effectiveness of charitable initiatives, creating new projects, researching grants, increasing donors or creating fundraising resources to submit to a Fijian NGO board of trustees. Create an impact report or expand programmes for Think Pacific Foundation or for one of our Fijian NGO partners.
Our formal partnerships and collaborations in Fiji include:
- Fijian Ministry of Health
- Fijian Ministry of Youth & Sports
- Fiji National Sports Commission
- Fiji National University
- Fiji National Employment Centre
- University of the South Pacific
- Youth Champs 4 Mental Health
- Fiji Rugby Union
- Athletics Fiji
- NRL Fiji
- Netball Fiji
- Little One’s Kindergarten
- Fiji Red Cross
- Rotary Fiji
- Fijian start ups and community businesses
Through your virtual internship, the culmination of your energy and hard work has the power to create tangible outcomes implemented at local level in Fiji
Your action projects are presented by our trustees to Government Officials or heads of international NGO’s and local charities so they may use your content to contribute to their ongoing aims and initiatives or develop new programmes.
You could be responsible for creating the next national health resource, new material being used by schools or community groups, or a marketing or business campaign that leads to increased job creation in Fiji.
Over 50% of your program fee supports our charity and partnership programs in Fiji, which focus upon capacity building and training of local people. All projects lead to sustainable outcomes that support the achievement of the Fiji National Development Plan. This includes providing training, funding internships, supporting local empowerment and job creation for Fijian youths and furthering advocacy surrounding messages of public health, mental health, sports development and enterprise at rural community level. We believe that the most effective and sustainable outcomes can only be achieved by investing in the skills, knowledge and personal ambition of local people. Especially young adults, so they may contribute effectively to local decision making processes and be the leaders of change in their communities.
My time with Think Pacific completely changed my perspective on what I really value and what I strive to achieve in my life. I would recommend TP internship to anyone, I really enjoyed my experience.
Over 50% of your program fee supports our charity and partnership programs in Fiji, which focus upon capacity building and training of local people. All projects lead to sustainable outcomes that support the achievement of the Fiji National Development Plan & UN Sustainable Development Goals.
|Currency||£ GBP||$ AUD||$ USD|
Our philosophy is to provide a high quality and exceptionally well structured internship program.
Our Virtual Internships include:
- Structured Placements to achieve Action Projects for your chosen government ministry or NGO.
- Think Pacific mentor to personally support you throughout the program and provide feedback.
- Engaging content including webinars, Live Q&A and group discussions.
- Private Facebook group with your fellow virtual interns to connect and access support.
- Think Pacific Internship Coaching Program.
- Certificate of Completion from one of our government or NGO partners.
- Up to 100 hours of work experience relevant to your degree.
- Reference support for job applications from Think Pacific senior management.
- Linkedin reference and attribute endorsements.
- Charity Donation (over 50% of your fee funds local community initiatives in Fiji)
- Receive £150 voucher for a future Think Pacific volunteer project in Fiji
Program Cost FAQ’s
Can I access University Funding or Scholarships?
Most universities provide funding or scholarships for employability programs like our virtual internship. We recommend you contact your department or faculty to request information about any funding opportunities. Being partnered with over 50 universities, if you need help with this please don’t hesitate to contact our team.
Can I Fundraise towards the program?
Yes. Just like all in-country programs, over percentage of the project fee is donated directly to funding charitable initiatives in rural areas of the Fiji Islands. You are welcome to fundraise using Just Giving for example. If you need help advice with this, we have create a fundraising guide for you and are happy to answer any questions you have.
Resources for delivery of our project and follow up provision and donations to youth groups including educational resources, sports equipment and advocacy information, Training, leadership and skills development programmes for youths, All costs to fund Fijian Ambassador Programmes, Funding Courses for local people – OSEP, Public Health, WHO, WASH Surveys, First Aid Courses, Mental Health Training, Funded internships for Fijian Students, Enterprise Scholarships, International Mobility Scholarships, Work Training for unemployed youths, Building Materials and all associated costs for community and health development projects.
Project Managers and mentors providing daily support & overseeing project, NGO and partner project participation costs, Regulatory permits and Authority memberships (e.g FTRB), Fiji Communication, Fiji office running costs including print, post & stationary, Government bonds and local permits, Transport and resources, Company liability insurance, Staff recruitment & Training, Financial security and International bank fees.
On-site visits, Post project evaluation, Government Partner liaison, training and workshops, NGO partner training, Project preparation, Compliance, Project reporting, Administration for running local Fiji volunteer scheme, Staff training, Systems Development.
UK HQ, Project Mentor Staffing, Equipment, Print, Website hosting, Office resources, Computers, University partner Liaison, IT, data base management, Software Systems, Phone management.
Research & New initiatives, Partnership building, local community and staff up-skilling.
Advertising and online marketing, social media, Online discovery sessions and preparation talks
11th January 2021
25th January 2021
8th February 2021
22nd February 2021
8th March 2021
22nd March 2021
5th April 2021
19th April 2021
3rd May 2021
17th May 2021
31st May 2021
7th June 2021
14th June 2021
21st June 2021
28th June 2021
5th July 2021
12th July 2021
19th July 2021
26th July 2021
2nd August 2021
9th August 2021
16th August 2021
We’ve designed this program for those who want to gain valuable internship experience to enhance their skills, gain knowledge, improve their CV and create global connections, whilst making a positive impact in the world.
You don’t need any prior experience to join the program – this project is open to all students, graduates or those on a gap year. You will, however, need a thirst for experiencing your chosen field in a global context, alongside a real passion, energy and enthusiasm to help our Fijian partners to achieve their sustainable development aims..